Smithfield Farmers Market
The Smithfield Autumn Vintage Market opens on Saturday at 9 a.m. and run until 2 p.m. along historic Main Street! Here's some helpful information for the evening:
1) There will be drinks, baked goods, and snacks at various locations along Main Street. Food trucks, tables and chairs will be located next to the Bank of Southside Virginia (115 Main Street) and in front of the Visitor’s Center (319 Main Street).
2) Public restrooms are located by the Ice Cream Parlor (208 Main), in the Visitor's Center (319 Main), and at portapotties behind the Bank of Southside Virginia (115 Main).
3) We’ll have great live music during the event in front of the Ice Cream Parlor and the Visitor’s Center.
4) Please be sure to bring cash, since not all vendors take credit cards. There are also ATMs located behind the Bank of Southside Virginia and Bank of America on Main Street.
5) If you have large items to pick up, please make arrangements with the vendors and/or plan on picking up these items around 3 p.m. on Main Street. Main Street will open to the general public at that time.
**PARKING AND SHUTTLES:
Parking will not be a problem this year! We'll have a free shuttle service from Westside Elementary School, 800 West Main Street, and from the former Little's grocery store, 518 Main Street. Look for the I-Ride bus. The bus will run continuously and will drop off near the intersection of Cary and Underwood Streets.
If you would prefer not to take the shuttle, here are some other parking suggestions if the lots next to the market are full:
* Smithfield Center, 220 N. Church Street
* Empty lot across from the Library, 255 James Street
* Along Hill Street (use 110 Hill Street on GPS)
* Bank of America, 303 West Main